|The event will take place on Saturday,|
November 21, 2015 from 8:30am to 3:30pm
|The New Mexico Middle School Electric Car Challenge (formerly the NM Hydrogen Fuels Challenge) consists of a battery-powered model car race, design competition, as well as the option to compete in an oral presentation.|
Building a battery-powered car requires skills in both math and science. The primary goal of the competition is to generate enthusiasm for science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) skills at a crucial stage in the development of middle school students.
- Teams are provided everything needed to power a battery model car, including design materials to construct the car - chassis, wheels, gears, etc.
- Entrants will be limited to the FIRST 50 teams that register by the deadline of November 5, 2015.
- Teams may be made up of a maximum of 6 students.
- Each school can register up to TWO teams.
- Free teacher workshop available - registration for the workshop is through the Teacher/Coach Workshop link above.
- Coaches will receive a stipend (payable at the Challenge) to assist with expenses.
- $50 within a 60 mile radius of Albuquerque
- $100 over 60 mile radius.
|Click here for the guidelines|
|Click here for the curriculum|